Saturday, December 18, 2010

Janice Wells

I met Janice when I was in eighth grade. I knew she was absolutely fantastic then. She's always been so nice when I've been soo annoying and have always gone and talked to her after everything. I've watched as she's sacrificed and put up with so much. Lately I've been able to spend a lot more time with her. I've been able to have some fun conversations, some serious ones, and she's given me a lot of great advice. As I've talked with her, I've seen her testimony as she talks about little choices she's made in her life and as she testifies about how important the Savior is to her. She knows how important missions are and she knows what the true meaning of service is and she lives her life serving others. She also understands a lot of what I'm feeling and she never judges me on things I say or on little mistakes I make. 
I love the song Christmas Shoes by Newsong. There's one line in it that reminds me what a blessed life I have every time I hear it. 
"I knew that God had sent that little boy to remind me what Christmas is all about."
I believe that everyone is in my life for a reason. A lot of those people, I believe, are in my life right to now to remind me what Christmas is really all about and to teach me more about my Savior. Janice Wells is one of those people. I'm thankful for her example and how she's so willing to serve others around her. I think there's a lot more that I can learn from her and I'm thankful for the opportunity that I have to spend time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment