This year was new for me. I learned to love basketball. more than I ever thought I could.
It became my favorite sport to watch.
It made me nervous to the point that I freaked out at Michael.
It made me rage about losing to Lone Peak.
It made me exhausted.
It made me be on time to games so that I could see the starting line up rip off their warm-ups.
It made me lose sleep obsessing over it.
It made me wish sometimes I could be his number one and then realize how silly it was of me to think that.
It gave me time to spend with Janice and to learn SO much from her.
It made me smile to watch Michael play like I had never seen him play before.
It made me panic every time he got hurt.
It made me talk about us.
It made me have a new perspective about our relationship.
It made us spend more time together.
It made me attached to him.
It made me cry when we lost the state championship.
It made me start to like the Celtics.
It made me learn how critical three pointers are.
It made me make new friends. (Justine and Kelsie will always have a special place in my heart now.)
It made it easier to get through school because I had something to look forward to.
It made me talk to people just because they knew I know Michael and they worship him. (Keith Urban puts that perfectly by saying "And people that I barely knew, They love me cause I'm part of you.")
It made me learn what "pre-game" is. (Thank you Brett Miller and Derek Durphy..not.)
and now it makes me happy to think about how much it's a part of my life because I let it in completely and I'll never regret that.
Thank you basketball and Thank you Michael Wells for letting me be a part of that part of your life and for letting me win every once in a while when we play :)
We've come a long way..
9th grade
![]() |
| championship game |
![]() | ||||||
| ninth grade team. |
10th grade:
![]() |
| obviously I never got over him.. |
| driving to his AAU game. |
![]() |
| We went to the tournament at BYU! |
aren't I a lucky girl?
i think so :)
love, J








No comments:
Post a Comment