There's a page in my scrapbook that I wrote that day (spelling errors and all) so that I could remember all about it. It says,
"I was nerves. A lot of people said congradulations! I was happy. It was freezing cold when I got out. The water was warm. My hair was in braids. DEEP WATER!!!! My Aunt Susan did my hair. My Aunt Peggy, Susan, Jolene and Delaine were there. My Uncle Boyd, George were there. My Grandpa and Grandma were there too. My cousins Nathan, Aaron, Devyn, Derek, Dallin, Tiffany, Mark, Joseph, Micheal were there. My family Mom, Dad, Samuel, Molly, and Andrew were there too!!! My Dad baptised me!"
Oh, to be 8 again.
What a great thing though.
That we can be baptized.
That it washes away all of our sins.
The Savior makes all things possible in my life.
And I am forever grateful to Him.
I love Him.
And I know that He loves me.
Happy Cinco de Mayo people.
Love, J
P.S. My cousin Micheal, that attended my baptism, has since passed away. So, sometimes it's good to go back and look at old scrapbooks and see pictures of people you can't be around anymore and remember that they were there at special times in your life and that one day you'll get to be with them again. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment