Tuesday, July 19, 2011

crayons

On the way back up to family camp my dad and I listened to a talk by Janet Lee (wife of Rex Lee, former President of BYU).
She talked about life being like a box of crayons.
Sometimes we want to pick out a certain color but Heavenly Father knows that's not what we need so He doesn't even place that color in the box.

It was interesting to think about life as a box of crayons.
Yellow is my favorite crayon.
It's the one that I always want to pick out.
But sometimes Heavenly Father has me pick out a pink or a brown or a purple one.
And they always make my life the color that I need it to be.
Trusting that the color of my crayon at each particular time of my life is the right one for me is the key.


Love, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment