Saturday, October 30, 2010

baptisms.

Today I had the opportunity to go to a baptism for a girl in my ward. I don' t really know her that well but I felt like I needed to be there. I kind of thought that I was having those feelings because I needed to be there to support her but in the end, as usual, it was for me. I hadn't been to a baptism in soo long. I think the last one I went to was Laura's little sister's baptism. I forgot how strong the spirit is there. The sacredness of what's happening. I got to hear talks on the importance of what was happening and of the Savior by some of my Young Women leaders. They're amazing. We recently got a new Young Womens Presidency and it's unbelievable how much they've already changed my life. I have so many great examples around me. I'm thankful for the willingness of all of them to sacrifice for me. I'm grateful for Chelsea and her willingness and choice to get baptized. I know without a doubt that she made the right decision. I think it would be so hard to have to make that decision now. I hope that if I wouldn't have grown up in the church that I would be as strong as her. That I would make the choice to become a member of the church. I know that the gospel is true and I don't know where I would be without it. Thank you Chelsea for reminding me of the opportunity that I have to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to not take it for granted because it really does bless my life every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment