I gave blood today for my first time. I was terrified. but I absolutely loved it. I was scared that I was going to pass out or something but I didn't and it was great. It was super cool to do it with my mom too. I love her a lot :) I mean she's adorable. look at that picture.
Also, after we went outside and we had a flat tire. We went with McKay and Teri Sue and McKay, being the great guy that he is, changed it in the freezing cold. I sat in the car the whole time while they froze to death. How rude of me I know but I am grateful for great guys like McKay who are willing to serve those in need and do it without complaining. What great examples I have in my life. Because of the flat tire my mom and I had to go to Costco to get it fixed. My mom had a billion things to do but she willingly did it and was so great about it. She even said that we need to "find joy in the journey." What a true statement. So often I get caught up in the craziness of life and forget what's really important. I got to spend some time with my mom and roam around Costco eating samples and reading magazines. It was great and not something that we get to do often. Also, I saw Brother Steed and his wife there.. so cute! I hope I look that adorable with my husband when I'm older. Today has been great so far and I get to spend the rest of my night at Special Needs Mutual watching the Talent Show. I can't wait :)
No comments:
Post a Comment