Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

 Dear Mom,
     Happy Birthday! I think you're the greatest person ever. period. Thank you for sacrificing for me even on your birthday. It means a lot to me that you would spend your day doing things that I've asked to do. You're incredible. I owe so much to you and you ask for so little in return. You're a great example. I'm amazed everyday by the patience and the goodness that you show to everyone, especially to me. I know I'm a test of patience more times than not and I'm thankful that you do more than just put up with me and that you always teach me in every situation. I'm thankful for your example that I get to see constantly that reminds me of how important it is to live the gospel. I love being able to see your testimony in every thing that you do. You sacrifice for so many people. Thank you for always being here for me. Especially when it's twelve at night and you listen to me while I tell you about all my teenage girl drama that's really so silly but I don't realize that until after. I hope that someday I can take everything that you've taught me and that you'll continue to teach me and put it into my own life when I have my own children. Elder M. Russell Ballard said it best when he said to young women, "Please look to your faithful mothers for a pattern to follow. Model yourselves after them, not after celebrities whose standards are not the Lord's standards and whose values may not reflect an eternal perspective. Look to your mother. Learn from her strengths, her courage, and her faithfulness. Listen to her. She may not be a whiz at texting; . . . But when it comes to matters of the heart and the things of the Lord, she has a wealth of knowledge. As you approach the time for marriage and young motherhood, she will be your greatest source of wisdom. No other person on earth loves you in the same way or is willing to sacrifice as much to encourage you and help you find happiness--in this life and forever. Love your mother, my young sisters. Respect her. Listen to her. Trust her. She has your best interests at heart. She cares about your eternal safety and happiness. So be kind to her. Be patient with her imperfections, for she has them. We all do." Thank you for living up to the words of the apostles. Thank you for teaching me to not give up but to continually try to be a better daughter. I promise I will. I love you Mom.
Love,
Jamie 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment