Wednesday, December 8, 2010

the future.

I worry. a lot. It's kind of an issue. Today, I bombed my calculus test. It sucked. It was my fault too. I decided to spend the day at the basketball game instead of studying. kind of like what I'm going to do today instead of studying for my chemistry test. oh well though. I think it's worth it.
When I got home I told my mom that I bombed my test and she said, "Oh well, it's just a test." So true. 
I also read a talk by Richard C. Edgley in the November 2010 Ensign. I was worrying about my future--about college, marriage, scholarships, missions--everything that I shouldn't be worrying about right now. What he said helped me. He said,  
"Because of my faith, I approach the unknown, unseen, and unexplained with unquestioning assurance . . . And because of my faith--even in the seemingly worst of times--I recognize with peace and gratitude that in reality it is the best of times."

I need not worry. These are the best of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment