Friday, March 18, 2011

what I learned this week...

Have you ever wanted something to be gone so much that it's all you think about and then you realize that maybe it's here because there was something you needed to learn from it?
I've cried and raged and thought I was over it and then had the cycle repeat over and over again many times this week.
Ultimately it was my decision and I'm suffering from the consequences now but I think that Heavenly Father has something for us to learn through everything.
So, this is what I learned this week...
I've been taught many times "Do not judge others." Recently though, the Lord has put many things in my way to really make it stick.
I read President Monson's talk one Saturday called Charity Never Faileth and honestly I read it every day for the next week after that because I want to have charity in my life like he talks about. (READ IT! IT'S SOO GOOD. lds.org/Charity Never Faileth - President Thomas S. Monson)
I am self-conscious sometimes and to take care of that I judge others and that's not okay. This week made me realize that especially.
 I'm sorry for my rudeness and judgments in the past and  for the many that will come in the future because I am not perfect. This is going to be a lifelong goal and a struggle for me but I promise I'll try my hardest. :)

"Life is perfect for none of us. Rather than being judgmental and critical of each other, may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life. May we recognize that each one is doing her best to deal with the challenges which come her way, and may we strive to do our best to help out." - President Thomas S. Monson

love, J 

No comments:

Post a Comment