Friday, February 3, 2012

what a good reminder.

sometimes i like to go back and read my scripture journal and see where i was and what i was learning exactly a year ago from today.

February 3, 2011
      "Brother Steed was testifying to my seminary class about scripture study and he said that he was having a hard time and he prayed for help and he read 1 Nephi 1:1 and the words 'therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father' and he realized that he needed to pray for the help and read with the intent of looking for ways to strengthen his responsibilities.
1 Nephi 1:4 says 'Lehi, having dwelt at Jerusalem in all his days.' It's talking about how Jerusalem will be destroyed and Lehi is going to have to leave. I have lived in the same house my entire life. This fall I'm going to move out and go to college and my life is going to change dramatically. I have examples like Lehi that I can look to though that remind me that everything is going to be alright. (This also testified again to me how personal the scriptures are. Last time I read this verse I wasn't even thinking about college. This time I'm in an entirely new place in my life and having that little detail stick out to me was exactly what I needed. I know the scriptures are full of truth and that I have them for my benefit, not for the benefit of God. there is much that I can learn and receive from them."

i forgot that i can look to Lehi when i'm having a hard time being away from my home.

i'm thankful for the scriptures.

and for my scripture journal.

love, j.

No comments:

Post a Comment