Sunday, October 24, 2010

my parents :)

Have you ever had those days where you cry over everything? I had one of those today. I felt the spirit sooo strong all through out my day. It was incredible. I had an answer to a prayer in a way that I never would have imagined. Also, in Sacrament Meeting the couple that spoke talked about raising children in righteousness. At first I thought it didn't really apply to me because I'm not a parent but by the end I was bawling. That's not something I ordinarily do in Sacrament Meeting. I felt the love that my parents have for me so strongly and it only continued throughout my day. In Young Womens, one of my leaders shared an experience about her son and I again knew that my parents will always love me unconditionally. When I got home I was watching the Mormon Ads on lds.org and I watched one called Parenting and I was overwhelmed by the spirit again. I know that my parents will never waver in their love for me and I'm so thankful for all the ways that was made known to me today. I love my parents and I'm so grateful for the love that they show to each other and to me everyday by sacrificing so much to make me happy and to help me be on the right path to return to my Father in Heaven.
When I was younger I couldn't wait to move out so that I didn't have to have stinkin rules and now that's what I'm scared for the most about college. I know I need to move out so that I can become independent and eventually make my own family but I love having my mom and dad here to help me get through everything that I need. They've helped me be the person I am today and they continually help me to be a better person. They bless my lives everyday by their example of living righteously. I hope that some day I can be as good of a parent as they are to me and my brothers and sister.

1 comment: