Saturday, November 20, 2010

basketball season

Obviously, I'm not on the basketball team. Especially the boys basketball team. But sometimes I think I am. I kind of sort of like this boy on the team though so I act like I know everything and anything that has to do with basketball, even though secretly I know nothing except maybe that the orange ball with black lines that they use is called a basketball. Yesterday, I went to the Red & White games and I was actually there from 4:30 to 9:30 because the sweetest girl in my ward is on the girls freshmen team and I told her I would go and support her and then of course I had to be there for the three point contest and the boys Varsity game. 
My little brother came with me. He's so great. He makes me laugh and he knows that I like to talk about boys way too much so he just listens and lets me talk. 
We also sat by Michael's family. Honestly, they're some of the best people I have ever met in my whole life. I decided that if families were put in popularity groups, like we sometimes are at school, they would be a popular family. They're just SO cool like that. They let me talk to them about anything. Especially Michael's mom. She's such an amazing person that I feel so comfortable around her that I just want to sit and tell her everything about my life so that she can help me make it all better. I hope I can be that great of a listener when I'm a mom. Also, his sister. beautiful. beyond beautiful. I love boots and hats and you know what? She was wearing both last night and looked better than I ever could in them. I secretly wish we were best friends even though I'm like four years younger than her and she's married and way too cool for me. And his older brother Britt? For some reason we get along super well even though I think it bothers Michael sometimes.
Okay I wanted this blog post to be short. Of course, it's not though. Sorry. What I was really trying to get to this whole time was just this one thing. I'm super excited for basketball season to start. It makes me happy inside.

1 comment:

  1. oh basketball.
    oh michael winning the 3 point shoot off.
    oh what a hottie.
    oh janice.
    :)
    oh us talking about it at 8 this morning.
    your blog is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete