November 19: It's hard not to judge sometimes but people are still so accepting. I'm so weird somethings. actually usually the majority of the time. but so many people still talk to me and listen to all I have to say and accept me for who I am.
November 20: People who stay calm and don't get frustrated. We did BYU Concessions and some people just peeve me. This one guy came up and was freaking out to Spenc and me because he bought his hot chocolate somewhere else and it was cold. Not our problem dude. but Spenc didn't get mad or rage at the guy like I wanted to. He just calmly told the guy that we couldn't do anything about it. and then, this lady that was there with us too, came over and listened to him and just said "I'm sorry sir. If you would have bought your hot chocolate here that wouldn't have happened." What? I have people all around me that I need to learn from.

November 21: Small and simple things. Brett Jerman just got home from his mission and he had his homecoming talk. He went to Africa. He saw some of the worst of the worst. He talked about being grateful for small and simple things. I am thankful for the small and simple things in my life. Cars, houses, warm showers, freedom, freedom of religion, school, food, clothes, hair, a good community.
November 22: Today I had.. not my best day. I woke up late, I was at the school for hours doing things that I didn't think would even be an obstacle when they were planned. It was just a hard day. When I looked back at my day though, I realized how selfish I was being. I have a great life. Today at lunch Laura looked at Michael and me and grabbed our arms and said "I hope you two are happy." I am happy. Thank you Laura. On my way to my car I said a little prayer to have something good happen. Of course secretly I was hoping that a good thing meant to catch a glimpse of Michael at practice. (Call me a dumb teenage girl I don't care. I know I am one.) I didn't though. Instead I walked past his car and I had a paper and pencil in my hand (no one knows why) so I wrote him a little note and left it on his car. He didn't even get it until like ten minutes ago but it still made me happy. Thank you Michael. I read Hannah Kroe's blog about what to do so that I could have a good day. It made me cry because it was exactly what I needed. Thank you Hannah. When I got home I talked to my sister on the phone. I miss her. I get to see her tomorrow and I can't wait. Thank you Molly. My family ate dinner together and then we had Family Home Evening. I have more blessings than I can count. Thank you everyone for helping me turn a bad day into a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment