Thursday, November 18, 2010

big brothers and boys that will take you to the mall.

Yesterday, I had a fantastic day.
First though, here's my daily "I'm thankful for..."

November 16: Good friends who are worthy to go to the temple and encourage me to go. and boys who make decisions. 
Let me clarify the second part of that. I obviously have an opinion about most things in my life but it's nice when that boy decides to be the man in the relationship and makes a decision every once in a while. I'm not trying to complain though, I'm just saying I need to be more grateful when he does make decisions and not take those times for granted.

November 17: Big brothers and boys that take me to the mall. (Hence the title :))
Laura told me about these mittens at Forever 21. I love mittens. I've kind of had a busy week though so yesterday was the first (and only day for a while) that I could go to the mall to get them. Also, now would be a good time to tell you that I hate going anywhere alone. especially the mall. So, I asked Michael to come with me. Michael is not a shopper. I think he told me once that his mom picks out all his clothes. (No complaints though. She obviously has good taste:)) He told me he would come and he even drove. I love when the boys drives. Not only am I grateful that he came with me but we didn't look just in Forever 21. We looked in every single one of my favorite stores, which happens to be quite a few. We were there for hours and do you want to know the best part? He didn't even complain once. and he held my stuff while I looked and tried on every item of clothing in every store. I'm a sucker for sales. So, while we only went there for mittens, of course, I came home with more. Girls, he's a good one. He's a tender mercy in my life.
I have one big brother. His name is Samuel. Everyone calls him Sam. but not me. I call him Samuel. He has a special place in my heart. I would say we've always been pretty close. Before he went on his mission he would drive me everywhere and listen to all my boy drama. He gives the best advice. Then, he went on a mission to Budapest, Hungary and served honorably for two whole years. They were a long two years. I missed him a lot but I knew he was being an instrument in God's hands. He came home on January 21, 2010. It's almost been a year and I can't believe it. I've changed a lot over the years. Some for the better and some for the worst. I've been ornery lately. Especially at Samuel. He's always happy and I've been taking that for granted. Last night I was doing my hair (because I had to wake up early) and studying for my Gov&Cit test and Samuel came into my room to ask me how I was and to ask me about my life. It was exactly what I needed. We talked about the cool people who live two houses up from us, the Utah Jazz, Harry Potter, the Sandy mall, Spaghetti Mama, The Big Bang Theory, and we showed each other our new clothes. Brother Lewis once taught me that "my family is my biggest blessing" and that "I'm in the family I am because they are who I need to help bring me closer to Christ." Samuel is living proof of this. He is so in tune with the Spirit that he has the courage to sacrifice his time to come talk with me late at night. He teaches me more about the gospel and more about why I'm here on Earth every day. He is part of my biggest blessing. I love you Samuel.
November 18: I had multiple people today who just plain made my day better. To name a few (most of who don't even know how much they did for me and probably would think I was a creeper for even putting their name in the list), Brett Miller, Jenz Bunnell, Laura Cottrell, Nate Ensign, Natalie Cameron, Ryan Draper, Derek Durphy, Kadan McMurtrey, Michael Wells, Tyler Cox, Justin Brockbank, Hannah Kroes, Daniel Bradford, Hannah Denney. Just a few.. I promise there was many more. 
Also, I was thinking today during Seminary, how great are temple workers? What if every time they were tired or having a bad hair day or every thing in their life seemed like it was going ten times too fast and they didn't have enough time to get everything done, they took it out on the people at the temple? How awful would that be? But they don't. They are always happy and always beaming with the Spirit. I've always wanted to be a temple worker when I'm older and hopefully be as happy and as good of an example of Christ as the workers I've had the opportunity to be around. They're such just plain good people. A little random thought to be thinking I guess but, go to the temple as soon as you can! Be around those good people who make our lives soo much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment