Monday, November 5, 2012

forgiveness.


"I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit. I will forgive even those who do not ask for forgiveness. Many are the times when I have seethed in anger at a word or deed thrown into my life by an unthinking or uncaring person. I have wasted valuable hours imagining revenge or confrontation. Now I see the truth revealed about this psychological rock inside my shoe. The rage I nurture is often one-sided, for my offender seldom gives thought to his offense! I will now and forevermore silently offer my forgiveness even to those who do not see that they need it. By the act of forgiving, I am no longer consumed by my unproductive thoughts. I give up my bitterness. I am content in my soul and effective again with my fellowman." - The Traveler's Gift

love, j.

No comments:

Post a Comment